Sunday, February 27, 2011
In looking at the broader universe (outside of Linked-In) we can also see that there are now 650 million users on Facebook - have of which visit Facebook each day. When you create a active content strategy for your accounting firm you need four critical components:
1.) A blog to create a source for your active content
2.) A Facebook, Linked-In, and Twitter page to publish your content to (beyond your blog)
3.) Direct integration from your blog to your Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter pages so when you make a blog entry, it is auto-published to all locations
4.) An active social media marketing strategy to promote your social media properties so users will find and see you. Remember: marketing professionals claim that you need 7-12 annual touches with a prospective client for you to stay consistently in their minds.
Traditional accounting frequency /brand building marketing included the mailing of account new letters to their clients - often on a quarterly basis. This creates a number of problems dealing primarily with the following issues:
- Most accountants are not professional writers so they tend to syndicate a mass published news letter and simply brand it with their name
- The average accountant has around 300 clients so this means that around 1200 mailings are sent out annually - including postal costs, publication costs, list management & fulfillment.
- People change their addresses so you will need to constantly update your CPA address lists
With social media, you can now increasingly accomplish these functions at a fraction of the costs. Instead of publishing a CPA newsletter, you can simply maintain a blog with important and useful tax information and further increase your frequency in front of your customers since each subsequent posting on your blog costs you nothing...unlike a news letter.
If you would like to setup a social media marketing strategy for your accounting practice, please contact us today to learn more: www.myaccountingwebsite.com:
- Facebook Page Search Engine Optimization
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- Somerville CPA
- Medford CPA
- Winchester CPA
MyAccountingWebsite.com is a CharterSEO company specializing in providing CPAs with a professional and highly visible web presence at a low monthly cost. The company´s partners embody the best talent in website search engine optimization, design and development. Accountant Website Design & CPA Website Design Specialists.
Monday, February 7, 2011
- According to the IRS, individual taxpayers can find return preparation so overwhelming that about 60 percent now pay tax preparers to do it for them. An additional 29 percent use tax software, with leading software packages costing $50 or more. Little wonder that it is so overwhelming when you consider that the Gettysburg address is 269 words, the Declaration of Independence is 1,337 words, and the Holy Bible is only 773,000 words. However, the tax law has grown from 11,400 words in 1913, to over 7 million words today.
- The easiest IRS form, the 1040EZ, has 33 pages of instructions
- The IRS sends out 8 billion pages of forms and instructions each year. Laid end to end, they would stretch 28 times around the earth.
- American taxpayers spend $200 billion and 5.4 billion hours of their time to comply with the federal tax laws each year. That’s more than it takes to produce every car, truck, and van in the United States.
- The IRS employs 114,000 people; that’s twice as many as the CIA and five times more than the FBI
- 60% of taxpayers must hire a professional to get through their own return.
- For many people, just choosing the right accountant can be stressful. That’s because, according to the GAO, there are about 90,000 tax and accounting firms out there to choose from in the United States.
Here are some tax tips:
- The right tax expert can make a difference. According to the National Taxpayers Union, in 2007, nearly 37 million taxpayers forgot to claim a tax credit due to overwhelming tax regulation changes and updates. Many taxpayers recognize that finding a good accountant they can trust may actually save them money.Visit our website to learn more about Accountant Website Design our our exclusive network of CPA websites. The Accountant Website Design Professionals. Find us on Facebook at CPA Marketing